1. Dear users, due to lag issues, double posting occurs often. I'd like to ask you, to press the POST button only once, even with delay your message will be posted. As every additional click on it results in double post.

2. Hello Guest! The submissions for our monthly Creative Zone contests are open. You can find them here. - Forumpiece Bestseller, Photography Contest, Artist of the Month.

3. Do you play games? Join the ForumPiece official Steam group!

4. Guest, are you interested in winning prizes for posting? Join our competition! This month, we will give 10 exclusive forumpiece gifts away to the top posters of the month and the only requirement is that you need to post 2000+ times anywhere! The winner gets something special!

Theory One Piece Theory: Roronoa Zoro's Devil fruit

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Prince, May 12, 2013.

1. Prince

Prince Yo soy Super Vegeta! Administrator

Discussions:
    Ratings Received:
    +233 / 14
    Bounty
    Forumpiece Points
    [​IMG]

We know that the Straw hats are a pirate crew with unique abilities so I don't believe Zoro himself will ever physically eat a devil fruit and it's probably not Zoro's style to depend on anything but his physical abilties and the power of his swords. Nevertheless, Zoro is interested in obtaining powerful swords or swords with devil fruit powers. Zoro has actually expressed interest in a fire sword here:

[img=370x530]http://i8.mangareader.net/one-piece/604/one-piece-1519555.jpg[/img]
    "I always wanted a fire sword" he says to Luffy. This could then be foreshadowing a devil fruit powered swords that Zoro currently has or will obtain.

People forget that Zoro's ambition is to be the worlds strongest swordsman and thus by extension his goal must be to obtain the worlds strongest swords. We have seen Zoro taking ownership of new swords throughout his journeys on the grand line. Unfortunately, Mihawk currently holds the worlds strongest sword: Kotuo Yoru. I don't believe Kotuo Yoru is designed for Zoro, first and foremost it's 7 feet in length which makes it impossible for Zoro to use his 3 sword style techniques. I know a swordsman must be able to adapt to the their new swords but a sword of that length cannot be used with 3 swords style as it will look ridiculous; besides, Zoro can only obtain Mihawk's sword only after he defeats Mihawk, which won't happen any time soon. While Mihawk has the strongest sword in the world, that doesn't mean Zoro cannot get a sword equally powerful or make one that is far more powerful.

So that's a simplified theory: I have established Zoro's interest in a fire sword, I have established Zoro's interest in gathering the strongest swords, I have established the fact that Kotuo Yoru would be ridiculous to use with 3 sword style. Now, I'll wait and see what Zoro does.

Source: http://narutoonepiecetheories.blogspot.nl/2011/08/zoros-devil-fruit-powered-swords.html
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. sathulkrishnan

sathulkrishnan

Discussions:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    Bounty
    Forumpiece Points
    A sword with mera mera fruits ability :)
  3. Amir -D-Amaluddin

Amir -D-Amaluddin

Discussions:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0
    Bounty
    Forumpiece Points
    I think if Kiru kiru no mi *cut cut fruits* exist, it would be a perfect match for Zoro...
    I mean, with that devil fruit's ability he could cut everything...

Or, maybe zoro will inherit kinnemon's Flame sword
    • Like Like x 1
  4. thelazygamer

thelazygamer

Discussions:
    Ratings Received:
    +5 / 0
    Bounty
    Forumpiece Points
    I believe Kinnemon doesn't have a flame sword, just his style of sword techniques allows him to cut through flames and produce them.

And it seems other then zoan type fruits inanimate objects haven't been shown with devil fruit powers, with that being said I'm not sure if any of his swords would be able to take in the mera mera no mi.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Black.K.Izat

Black.K.Izat

Discussions:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    Bounty
    Forumpiece Points
    yes ... zoro are most character not will make himself defeat ..
  6. Michael Ocky

Michael Ocky

Discussions:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0
    Bounty
    Forumpiece Points
    kiru kiru? didn't that mr1 already have ability to cut ?
  7. Pickles Usher

Pickles Usher

Discussions:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    Bounty
    Forumpiece Points
    I think what makes him so interesting is his ability to be strong without the need of a devil fruit. Just like Sanji, pure determination, strength and will power make them seem much more strong, considering they have the balls to go up against someone with devil fruits.

I would like to see him strive strong without the use of a devil fruit, however, his generally him and sanji are the ones to save Luffy from the ocean and water when he falls in. Straw hat needs them to be devilfruit-less for his sake xD
  8. Silvers Kayleigh

Silvers Kayleigh

Discussions:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0
    Bounty
    Forumpiece Points
    What if one his swords 'eats' the mera mera no mi? We've seen weapons with DF abilities before.
  9. Zechriel

Zechriel

Discussions:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    Bounty
    Forumpiece Points
    For the record, there is a reason we've only seen objects with Zoan abilities so far; the alternative would be utterly pointless in most cases. The thing about Devil Fruit abilities, like any abilities, is that they are controlled by their user; an item or weapon has no consciousness and thus can only work as a Zoan-type, which gives it one. How can a sword will itself to ignite or shoot fireballs when it has no will? There are probably some worthwhile ones amongst the Paramecia branch(ie, abilities similar to Gomu Gomu, that change the eaters constitution), but it'd have to be something more useful than a rubber sword, and something that couldn't be made any other way, or the result would be a waste of a DF. I guess you could say the same of Logia powers, but my understanding of the defensive change into ones Logia substance is that it require an awareness of the incoming attack, or at least general alertness. Besides, you need your sword to block, not dematerialise when struck.

I certainly think it would be cool if Zoro managed to get a Dragon Sword; so the blade could move at will and surprise an opponent at any point, by slashing them in irregular ways, as well as breath fire. I don't think he would like it though, simply because it would mean the sword itself was fighting for him to some extent, and that would wound his pride. I can imagine him telling it to stay still like he does to Sogeking when they're chained together and Zoro tries to use Usopp like a sword.

Anyway, I think giving objects/weapons is by far the best use of regular Zoan fruits, as it gives you a loyal pet with the same power you would otherwise have gained and you don't become a hammer, or can eat a Paramecia/Logia when you get the chance.

As for what Zoro will do about his swords, I think he will replace Sandai Kitetsu for Shodai Kitetsu or another Supreme Grade Sword. He currently has 2 Great Grade Swords, and Shusui is shown to have greatly influence his attacks, so if he gets a katana in the same tier as Mihawk's Yoru then he should be well-equipped enough to have an equal footing with Mihawk(when he's skilled enough).
  10. Silvers Kayleigh

Silvers Kayleigh

Discussions:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0
    Bounty
    Forumpiece Points
    I don't agree with you. The Zoan types are also just DF. They also are controlled by their user. Spandam had a sword which turned into an elephant on HIS command. Also, when Zoro obtained Sandai Kitetsu, he tried it out in Whiskey Peak. He said 'a sword should kill when his owner wants to' I think he meant this sword had it's own will. Or maybe that's just because it's cursed. But I do think a katana has a 'will'.
  11. Aji Maulana Fadlika

Aji Maulana Fadlika

Discussions:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    Bounty
    Forumpiece Points
    Sanji can create a fire on his leg,.so why don't zorro use the same way to create a fire sword? :D
  12. Zechriel

Zechriel

Discussions:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    Bounty
    Forumpiece Points
    I know about Funkfreed the Elephant-sword... Please read things throughly before making assumptions. I said the Zoan type gives them a will, which is why it works on objects; as taking on the attributes of an given animal means being able to think like said animal. Funkfreed actually makes its own decisions; it follows Spandam's orders like any pet would, but when Filgreed gets threatened by Franky he acts under his own will against Spandam commanding otherwise. Spandom does not control Funkfreed, he just tells it what to do.
  13. OnePieceFan42

OnePieceFan42

Discussions:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0
    Bounty
    Forumpiece Points
    Well i guess zoro's sword could obtain a DF if Franky had taken some time to look through everything in Vegapunk's lab... Maybe there was something about transferring DF into a sword without it having to be a zoan type?
    • Like Like x 1
  14. KePo Ome Nan

KePo Ome Nan

Discussions:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    Bounty
    Forumpiece Points
    Was think about same thing with u ,either the sword 'eat' the mera mera fruits, or Zoro himself think a way to produces fire when he is slashing enemy...How nice if Zoro three sword have those 5 element( fire, wind, lighting, earth, earth)
  15. Black Coat

Black Coat

Discussions:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    Bounty
    Forumpiece Points
    Zoro has the ability to use ''Kyutoryu'' by activating the technique Kiki Kyutoryu: Asura.According to this ability a good idea for a devil fruit will be Hito Hito no mi : Asura.As a result he could manifest himself into a demon-human hybrid easier.Just like sengoku.
  16. Robert Montemayor ﺕ

Robert Montemayor ﺕ

Discussions:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    Bounty
    Forumpiece Points
    i think ZORO got a new sword .. a sword that made of SEA STONE ... for his lost sword , i think kinomon acquire it .. because kinomon is interested on lost sword of zoro .

wat do you think ??
  17. bugs

bugs

Discussions:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    Bounty
    Forumpiece Points
    i agree..
    i think, maybe Zorro need a sea stone-sword. because in New World will be many great opponent with DF user.
  18. NevermorE

NevermorE Soul Stealer

Discussions:
    Ratings Received:
    +54 / 2
    Bounty
    Forumpiece Points
    I do not agree to that he's a strong fighter and one to be worlds best swordman..he cant just depend on sea stone sword against DF user. he'll be strong haki user and will fight strong opponents in the new world
  19. LYNDON

LYNDON Devil Bats quarterback

Discussions:
    Ratings Received:
    +352 / 1
    Bounty
    Forumpiece Points
    Zoro don't need sea stone anymore cause he already got haki so he can get his opponent a solid attack.
  20. Gol D. Swag

Gol D. Swag Banned

Discussions:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0
    Bounty
    Forumpiece Points
    haki is only useful to a level that your spirit is stronger then them so if he goes against like shanks (imagine he had DV) it won't work as shanks has stronger haki than him plus it will be cool to have sea stone like smoker he has haki but he still has sea stone tip.
    • Like Like x 1